EVENTS CALENDAR 2020
Updated 23rd November 2020. As every member knows, this year’s events of all kinds – runs, social gatherings, Section meetings and attendance at shows such as Stafford, have all been decimated by the Covid-19 pandemic. England is currently under lockdown until December 3rd, so no officially-sanctioned NACC events will be taking place for the remainder of this year and are unlikely to be organised for several months into 2021. We shall see what the New Year brings us in the way of good news! Watch this space.
Contact details for Bob Jeffcoat, the NACC Events Secretary, and info on applying for Event Permits and Signing-on Sheets, appear at the bottom of this page.
If You Want to Organise an Event (hopefully in 2021 …)
If you want to organise a Club-permit event and wish information to appear in Buzzing magazine in time, the Events Secretary must be informed in writing at least 2 calendar months before the event.
Organisers should obtain a permit (downloadable from the link at the bottom of this page) which should be sent to the Events Secretary for him to issue signing on sheets so that the Club’s public liability insurance covers the event. Events organised at short notice (minimum 28 days), apply by e-mail to the Events Secretary Bob Jeffcoat at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 72 Glenthorne Drive, Cheslyn Hay, Walsall, WS6 7DD, to ensure issue of a permit.
We will post short-notice events in the Club Calendar above, but there’s no guarantee short-notice events can be publicised in Buzzing magazine due to printing schedules, but we will do our best.
- Signing-on sheets must be returned by organisers within 14 days of holding the event, this is a requirement of our Public Liability Insurance cover.
- The rule for riding on NACC events is, NO membership card – NO ride, unless day membership is purchased. You would then be covered by the NACC PLI insurance.
- Those who cannot produce a valid card have to pay the day membership fee.
- All participants must personally sign the official sign-on sheet issued by the Events Secretary.
- NACC events require the organiser to obtain a permit for public liability insurance purposes.
The NACC does not allow “joint events” with other clubs. Joint events are those advertised on websites or in publications as being run by other clubs which have the same date, venue, organiser, contact details etc. as an event for which an NACC event permit has been issued. Members of other clubs are welcome at NACC events subject to payment of day membership.
If you need an Event Permit application form you can download a copy here- AA Event permit application form revised 11.2018